Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Food Poisoning Occurring in Sorority Houses Daily Reports New Sorority Members


Newly admitted members of several Greek sororities have recently reported their concerns about possible food poisonings occurring on an daily basis. Though they themselves have yet to exhibit the typical symptoms of food poisoning, such as nausea, abdominal cramping, vomiting, and diarrhea, their worries mostly rest with other members of their respective sororities.
Sarah-Ann Baker, a freshman political science major from Nashville, TN, and a new member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, says she enjoys her new home, however, she is unsure of what could be causing such sickness.
"I mean, I love the swaps and all of the girls here are, seriously, so nice and so sweet to me, but obviously, something must be wrong with the food here."
Cindy Taylor, a freshman marketing major from Austin, Texas, and a new member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, echoed the same concerns.
"I mean, I love the swaps and all of the girls here are, seriously, so nice and so sweet to me, but obviously, something must be wrong with the food here."
Selma Turnage, a 12-year veteran of the Chi Omega kitchen, says these types of reports are not uncommon.
"Each year a new batch of girls complain about the food, mainly about the taste. But then some even say the food makes their older friends sick. Food seems fine to me. Besides, I feed the leftovers to my kids. They never get sick." Turnage also disputed any claims that the food being served was not nutritional.
Judy Carmen, the housemother for Delta Delta Delta, added to this statement.
"We intend to feed our young ladies food that is not only tasteful, but also nutritional in order to keep them healthy, and of course, not fat."
Baker says she first became suspicious of the food because of her regular trips to the bathroom after lunch.
"I have Biology at 11 on Mondays, and afterwards, I will walk to the Tri-Delt house to catch some lunch. Usually, I finish eating around 12:30, and run to the restroom to freshen up before my 1 o'clock. This is when I usually hear my sorority sisters getting sick. When I ask them about it, they usually give me blank, incredulous stares."
When asked about the recent increase in reports of sickness in sorority houses, most of the older members of various sororities refused to comment, and instead, gave us blank, incredulous stares.
Heather Cotten, a senior Spanish major, and member of Pi Beta Phi, however, was quick to comment.
"Wait, did a freshman tell you this? Yea, follow up with her in two years and see what she has to say."


RELATED STORY: Pledgeship "The Best Time of My Life", Reports Bruised Pledge

1 comment:

anonymous said...

sub-par. poor grammar, redundant, unoriginal and poorly written. good try. try reading over it before you post it.